These conditions set out the standard Warranty policy for broadcast and professional products (the "Equipment") sold to customers located within Hong Kong.
A&S Broadcast Limited ("A&S") warrants with respect to new equipment purchased that the Equipment shall be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase by the original end-user customer (the "Warranty Period").
A&S warrants with respect to used equipment purchased that the Equipment shall be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of three months from the date of purchase by the original end-user customer (the "Warranty Period").
If the Equipment fails to conform to this Warranty and the purchaser notifies A&S in writing within the Warranty Period, A&S shall (in its sole discretion), at its own expense, repair or replace the Equipment. Where A&S chooses to repair the Equipment, A&S shall be entitled to require the purchaser to return the same at the purchaser? expense.
The period of Warranty for any Equipment or part repaired or replaced hereunder shall be the balance of the original Warranty Period of the Equipment.
General Warranty Conditions
The Warranty in all cases is given subject to the following conditions:
* Inspection by A&S (or its authorised service agent) discloses to the satisfaction of A&S that the defect has arisen from defective materials or workmanship;
* The purchaser presenting the original sales invoice (indicating the date of purchase, product, serial number) to A&S (or its authorised service agent) together with the defective Equipment within the Warranty Period; and
* The "Warranty Period", whether calculated in hours of use or in time elapsed, shall be calculated from the time of shipment of Equipment by A&S to its original purchaser.
Specific Warranty conditions
- Replacement Parts
Where the item of Equipment in question is a replacement part, as listed in the relevant service manual, this Warranty will only cover actual failures within the Warranty Period and not normal wear and tear. This warranty does not cover failures of Drum Heads or CCD blocks (Charged Coupled Device).
- Extended Warranties
From time to time certain products may be the subject of an extended Warranty Period which will be notified by A&S at or before the time of purchase.
- Replacement Parts
Limitation on Warranty
This Warranty does not cover:
* Periodic maintenance and repair or replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear
* Consumables supplied with the Equipment;
* Cosmetic damage;
* Damage or loss to any software programs, data, or removable storage media;
* Damage due to:
- acts of God or any reason beyond A&S? reasonable control; or
- misuse, including but not limited to failure to use the Equipment for its normal purpose in accordance with instructions on its proper use and maintenance; or
- improper operation or maintenance of the Equipment; or
- connection to improper power supply; or
- attempted repair by anyone other than A&S; or
- use of the Equipment in conjunction with third party accessories, products or ancillary peripheral equipment.
Limitation of Liability
The express warranty in these conditions shall be the full extent of A&S? liability. Accordingly, A&S disclaims all other liability for loss or damage howsoever caused (except for death or personal injury resulting from proved negligence) arising out of the purchase, possession, sale or use of the equipment and to the extent permitted by law all other terms, conditions, and warranties express or implied whether statutory, arising out of trade usage or otherwise are hereby excluded provided that nothing in these conditions shall affect the statutory rights of a purchaser dealing as a consumer.
In no event shall A&S be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages including, but not limited to the infringement of any intellectual property rights, delays, or inaccurate information or advice.
No person, including any distributor, dealer, agent or representative of A&S is authorized to assume for A&S any liability on its behalf or in its name.
The purchaser is not entitled to rely on any representations made either orally or in writing by or on behalf of A&S save for those made fraudulently. The purchaser relies entirely on its own skill and judgement in determining the fitness of any item of Equipment for any particular purpose.
These conditions and the related contract of sale for the Equipment shall be construed in accordance with Hong Kong law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong Courts.